Looking for a delicious and healthy way to start your day? This hearty open-faced omelet is super healthy, and I mean, who doesn’t love bacon? You can serve it open-faced or fold it over as a wrap. With only 4.25 net carbs per serving, it will fit well into your keto plan.
- 8 Large Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Half-and-Half
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 1 dash Sea Salt and Black Pepper To Taste
- 2 Tbsp Butter Divided
- 8 Strips Bacon Thick Cut
- 3 Cups Baby Spinach
- 1 Avocado Thinly Sliced
- 1-2 tsp Hot Sauce To Taste (optional)
- Combine the eggs, half & half, garlic powder, and olive oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and whisk until smooth.
- Melt one-half tablespoon of butter in a 10-inch non-stick skillet set over medium heat.
- Pour one quarter of the egg batter into the pre-heated skillet and swirl in pan to evenly coat the bottom.
- Reduce heat to just below medium and cover the skillet.
- Cook just until the egg batter sets and is cooked through, approximately 3-4 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Transfer the egg wrap to a reserved platter and set aside. Repeat this process with the remaining batter.
- Meanwhile, add bacon to another skillet and cook until crispy, approximately 5-6 minutes.
- Transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towels and blot off excess grease.
- Discard all but one tablespoon of bacon grease in the pan and add the baby spinach.
- Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and cook, stirring occasionally, just until the spinach wilts, approximately 2 minutes.
- To serve, top each egg wrap with the spinach mixture, two strips of bacon, and some avocado slices. Add a dash of hot sauce and fold, if desired. Enjoy!
Nutrition - per serving
Net Carbs: 4.25g