If you’re on the Keto diet, you’ll love this chocolaty sweet treat for one. In fact, you’ll love it even if you’re not!
This nutritional information is based on using Swerve® brand granulated sweetener as the sweetener, since it has zero net carbs. It’s ingredients do not affect blood sugar, which is a great sugar substitute if you’re on the Keto diet, or need to watch your blood sugar. If you use another sweetener, this nutritional info will be incorrect.
Total Carbs: 13g
Net Carbs: 6g
- 1-1/2 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1-3/4 Tbsp Cocoa Powder unsweetened
- 2 Tbsp Butter unsalted
- 1-1/2 Tbsp Sweetener low carb of choice
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla pure extract
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Strawberries fresh sliced, to serve
- Add the first three ingredients to a small mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Melt butter in a small bowl in a microwave for several seconds.
- Add low carb sweetener and stir until completely dissolved.
- Add egg, heavy cream, vanilla extract, and salt to the butter mixture and whisk to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and stir until thoroughly blended.
- Pour blended mixture into mug or small microwave-safe container and microwave on high for 1 minute.**
- Remove from microwave and serve immediately with fresh sliced strawberries, if desired.
**The actual cooking time will vary depending on the wattage of your individual microwave unit. Check for doneness after 45 seconds. Don't overcook or the cake may become too dry.
I think I better go back onto the keto diet!